FALL CLASSES QUICK LINKS
- DROP BY a SINGLE CLASS CLICK HERE for schedule options or click links below for full EIGHT WEEK sessions.
- Saturdays 9:30am Central Park Improv Jam with Andrea
- Saturdays 12pm Comedy 4 Teens with Walter
- Sundays 1pm Advanced Comedy 4 Teens by invite only
- Sundays 5pm Comedy 4 Kids with Andrea
- Mondays 5pm Comedy 4 Kids with Ryan
- Mondays 7pm Stand-Up Comedy with Walter
- Tuesdays 7pm Musical Theater with Ryan
- Wednesdays 7pm Improv Comedy with Sam
- Register for any of the above. Pay just $200 to get unlimited access to classes in your age September 12 thru October 31, including a performance showcase. Otherwise $25/class. $75/FOUR classes, $125/FOUR weeks unlimited
AUGUST 2020 Schedule
Those interested in the total package can pay just $225/week ($700/FOUR weeks) for total access to all of the following. Campers take part in various classes, shows and bonus bonding sessions Monday-Thursday 9:30-7pm EST (5-7pm are mostly West coast campers and drop in students, we repeat the morning session for East coast Campers). CLICK HERE to register and get our google doc of zoom links, study guides and other info.
NEW BONUS OPTIONS- Free for Camp Participants or click links to register for single sessions ($25) or pay $75 for FOUR 60-minute classes with felixible redeemable options.
- Friday/Saturday 9:30-11am in Central Park with Andrea. Free for campers. $40 to drop by or $120 for up to 8 classes (four weeks) in person only. Click here to sign up for in person only
- Drop in Improv Comedy Classes Take a single class or sign up for FOUR classes – Sundays-Thursdays 5pm, Friday 1pm.
- Mondays 3pm Comedy Show for all Ages
Weekly Comedy Classes Online
Online Resources for Students – Watch the first two and complete the first worksheet before the first class and every time you are stumped for ideas to create new routines.
- Intro to Stand-Up Comedy WATCH VIDEO
- Before Class One: Brainstorming Ideas WATCH VIDEO & WORKSHEET
- Before Class Two: Brainstorm Details WATCH VIDEO & WORKSHEET
- Before Class
Videos of Past Showcases
EIGHT IS NEVER ENOUGH Artist Director, Walt Frasier, opened up his first public class in Times Square at the behest of regular fans, whose kids were looking for a comedy outlet. There were a few options in town but none were truly kids “friendly”. An over grown 5-year-old, Walt frasier was perfect for training youth comics in Stand-Up and Improv comedy, including disguised classical acting techniques buried in the silly comedic side notes.
Before your first Comedy Class, watch this
Last year, we hosted EIGHT weeks of comedy camp, with 8-24 campers aged 7-17 weekly. Before the quarantine, weekly classes includes 30+ campers. Now online, we have 40+ students weekly, including kids & teens from all over the country and Canada!
Our method is to combine Stand-Up and Improv comedy for a complete training in creative writing, critical thinking, performance, public speaking, team/community, listening, focus and – perhaps most importance – self confidence!
Some of our online sessions are designated as IMPROV ONLY to focus on smaller scene games and provide bonus time for regular students (Wednesdays 6pm 8-12yos, 8pm Teens).
While our in-person LIVE class sessions ALWAYS include a performance showcase, we have been rotating this bonus, including students as often as possible.
Comedy Camp 2020
We are still optimistic we will have some summer camp in person at some point, but in addition to being a summer camp, we work out of a performance venue. We cannot operate until the city goes into stage four – according to Governor Cuomo’s repeningf guidelines.
WHEN WE DO REOPEN – we will invite all – in acceptable social distancing shifts – to do some LIVE shows, classes and hang outs.
Until then we are continuing with much needed online offerings. PLEASE register early. We are expecting HUGE numbers as so many camps just do not have an online option.
AS we cannot imagine doing SIX hours of comedy class/day, we are adding in classes for music and movement. These will add much needed exercise and training breathing etc.