Shows, classes and more for teens, school groups etc.
(NYC DOE VENDOR Improv Theater LLC)
- LIVE from Times Square we have shows that are great for teens and older (Sundays 6pm) and all ages friendly (Saturday 3pm) weekends at the Broadway Comedy Club, Times Square. Popular destination for teen groups from around the world. As the crowds come back we will expand our weekly calendar.
- ONLINE CLASSES Until further notice we offer classes on weekends and after school online.
- IN PERSON CLASSES Saturdays 10am at the Broadway Comedy Club
- IN PERSON CLASSES Saturdays 10am in Central Park
- ALSO Check links in menu for up-to-date class express links
- EMAIL us with questions about public and private shows, group sales, classes, workshops, etc. We host student field trips, as well as travel to schools, camps, & community centers. 8 Improv is a popular option with mentoring programs, orientation and preview weekends at colleges & universities, Sweet 16s, Quinceaneras, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Teen nights and more.
8 Improv has been delivering educational outreach to K12 schools, camps, and community centers since 2003. The shows are school friendly but not kiddie. Especially our shows for teens, the energy feels like MTV – fast paced, over the top – but we keep the subjects PG for teens (G for kids/families). Bring your teen group to our theater or invite our shows and workshops to your community.
FIELD TRIPS/PRIVATE SHOWS
Private show Monday-Friday before 5pm. You will get a 60-minute show plus a Q&A. $600 up to 50ppl. $12/additional guest. Fun destination for student groups from schools and camps. Also mentoring programs.
NYC PIZZA PARTY
Bring friend/family to our public shows or book a private show for student group. Everyone gets a great show plus a large slice of the best pizza midtown has to offer (kosher options available)
We can turn any venue into a comedy club. We have a small footprint that can expand and fill a 1000+ seats, thanks to our classically trained performers. 8 Improv has play Broadway sized stages/theaters, school cafetoriums, gyms, parks, libraries, community club houses, and even intimate performances in living rooms. Great for main stage entertainment, fundraisers, in school performances (cultural arts, literacy/language arts, bullying/guidance).
Workshop / Classes
Our public classes for teens includes improv, stand-up and sketch comedy. We also present workshops and residencies at schools, community centers, family gatherings, etc.
Classes & Workshops are amazing experiences delivering much needed laughter while teaching performance skills, creative writing, critical thinking, team dynamics, leadership, public speaking. and even empathy & self confidence. Improv training IS Social Emotional Learning.